Senior Software Engineer
Last updated 2 months ago SGD 4000 - 5000
LOOP.sg is the brainchild of a group of technopreneurs with more than accumulated 50 years in the ICT industry. LOOP (Learners Online, Online Producers) is the team’s foray into an emerging new market shaped by the Singapore government’s vision for a Smart Nation – a nation digitally intertwined and integrated with daily pursuits.
But what exactly is LOOP, and how did it come about?
The concept of e-learning has been around since the early days of the internet. In fact, one of the core foundation concepts of the modern internet was and remains information exchange and management. For a long time, the internet has been used globally to teach, and to learn.
However, for many years, e-learning has been hampered by a lack of centralized E-cosystem. While learners and content producers could connect to each other, much of it relied upon proactive action from either side.
The LOOP team saw the opportunity in this lack of a centralized E-cosystem, and thus LOOP was born!
The core concept of LOOP is a simple, yet effective and vital one, especially in Singapore’s push to become a Smart Nation: Connect the world’s learners with the world’s teachers under a single roof. To that end, LOOP was developed as a one-stop marketplace and learning hub for every kind of e-learning imaginable.
Having just been launched in March 2016, LOOP is already making waves in the e-learning scene, with a target of 1,000 unique users expected within the first six months. In the meantime, the LOOP team is also preparing for a second-phase expansion, targeted for launch in April 2016. Phase 2 will see LOOP being launched on mobile platforms, and will also see an incentive scheme being put in place, so that learning and producing becomes even more rewarding!
So what exactly is LOOP again? We are LOOP, and we’re bringing the world’s e-learning to everyone!
Bill Gates and Mark Zuckerberg started their companies by solving a problem they had in their daily lives. Software Engineers’ work helps reduce the load on people, making everyday life easier and smoother.
Do you enjoy coding and programming? Do you love the challenge of solving complex problems? We are looking for a Developer to take charge of full software development cycles for PHP-based web applications. You should be familiar with web development, PHP-based applications or similar platforms, and possess keen knowledge and interest in computer systems and the latest technologies.
Senior Software Engineer (Web) is responsible for the full software development life cycle for PHP- based web applications, including support, testing, quality control and quality assurance. The Senior Software Engineer (Web) will also be involved in pre-development stages such as developing proof of concepts, technical designs, and data modelling. The Senior Software Engineer (Web) should be comfortable with both front end and back end duties.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Development of software application using PHP and CakePHP Framework
• Work with different department and customers to create and enhance new features on Web Applications
• Gathering user requirements and translate into technical specification
• Develop proof of concepts and technical designs
• Data modelling
• Develop, customize and integrate Moodle, Totara, and other PHP-based web applications
• Provide technical expertise and maintenance support for Moodle, Totara, and other PHP- based web applications on-time within SLA agreements
• Installation and configuration of plug-ins
• Support and manage software development, enhancement, debugging, testing and maintenance of the backend application
• Make design, code, testing and system quality improvement to backend application programming interface (API)
• Technical documentation
• Inspect, test, verify and validate software
• Implement software quality maintenance
• Review user interfaces for consistency and functionality
Qualifications and Skills
• At least a diploma or degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems, or an equivalent
• At least 3 years of working experience in Web Development
• Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server/ Linux Server
• Experience in Education domain will be advantageous
• Experience with PHP-based applications, and/or Moodle, Totara, or similar platforms will be advantageous
• Positive and able to drive team to achieve desired quality standards
• Willingness to learn on the job and attend upgrading courses
• Team player who enjoys interaction at work and during recreation