JobKred is a career management platform that aims to help jobseekers make informed career decisions and guide them throughout their desired career path. We use data science to match candidates and companies, close skills gap and help navigate the changing future of work.
JobKred is seeking a talented DevOps Engineer to join and grow with the technical team. This is an opportunity for an ambitious developer to help create and implement systems from the ground up as a valued member of a supportive and close-knit team. You will work closely with other developers and the users of the systems, with the reward of seeing your creations impact strategically important projects as you solve challenging problems for which existing systems and solutions do not exist.
- To develop and support server applications and services
- Report and solve issues with the Services and Infrastructure while collaborating with developer teams
- To automate processes leading to a reduction in human intervention
- Manage service infrastructure and system deployments
- Deployment to be done according to processes defined by respective departments
- Implement API and Storage infrastructure to support redundancies and scalability
- Develop/Upgrade monitoring platform services including alerts and notifications upon predefined conditions and thresholds
- Respond to alerts received and to resolve issues found with the services on a 24x365 on-call schedule
- Plan and perform load and staging scenarios
- Strong understanding and working knowledge of AWS Services (e.g. EC2, RDS, ECS, EKS)
- Setup/maintain CI/CD pipelines and development/production infrastructure
- Evaluate third-party services for feasibility of integration
- Create CLI tools that makes life better for everyone
- Secure code and development/production artifacts as well as integration of third-party services
- Minimum 3 years working experience with Linux system in production environments, preferably on distributed scalable systems with a good understanding of networking and system components.
- Familiarity with RESTful web services, caching, queueing, MVC pattern and OAuth2.0 integration
- Good understanding in programming for large internet traffic, with knowledge of best practices for high scalability, concurrency, non-blocking services, high availability, OOP, security and framework development.
- Familiarity with infrastructure automation tools (e.g Kubernetes, Mesos, Marathon, Terraform, Ansible) and Application Container (Docker/Rocket)
- Familiarity with MySQL management including query profiling and tuning
- In-depth experience deploying and maintaining monitoring and logging tools
- Must have strong automation/scripting skills -- proficiency in python or ruby is a plus
- Experience developing and maintaining technical documentation, runbooks, and procedures
- Familiarity with one or more configuration management frameworks (Puppet, Chef, Terraform, Ansible)
- Knowledge of version control software, github enterprise preferred
- Experience working with Amazon Web Services
- Familiar with LDAP, Active Directory, and SSO
- A strong ownership attitude and a track record of taking responsibility for problems and pushing through to resolution
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or relevant industry experience is required
Perks and Benefits
- Unlimited career opportunities and growth potential within a thriving and growing group