Software Engineer (IoT and Mobile Application)
Last updated 1 year ago
Innotech Ventures has spun off a startup project called AboutMe.ai. Aboutme.ai is a Healthtech spin-off which is focused on improving health outcomes for at-risk diabetes and obesity population across Asia-Pacific region. We are wholly Singapore owned spin-off business initiative at an early stage of development towards validating our AI solution for target audiences.
Aboutme.ai is currently enabling a unique solution for the time-poor population to better manage their lifestyle choices based on alerts and recommendations shared with them via a smart AI engine that analyses their health and wellness parameters. Majority of these target groups are at risk of diabetes and obesity, therefore, it is of some benefit for public health outcomes.
You will be part of a research and development team that aims to develop an open cloud-based testbed for sensors, medical devices, activity trackers, and other cost-effective Internet of Things (IoT) devices. You will be working closely with various stakeholders to develop IoT and mobile (both smart phones and wearable devices) sensors and applications that leverage upon the testbed platform. You will report directly to the development team lead.
• Conduct background research on existing IoT-related applications and delineate industry best practices.
• Analyse the functional requirements specification of each application.
• Design the applications.
• Implement the applications according to approved designs. Successful candidate must be able to develop native mobile applications on iOS and/or Android as well as one or more IoT development platforms such as AWS IoT Platform.
• Conduct rigorous testing of the applications.
• Deploy the applications to cloud computing infrastructure and app stores.
• Candidate must possess a recognised Bachelor’s degree in computing, engineering, science, or a related discipline.
• Minimum 1-2 years of software engineering experience would be advantageous.
• Candidates with no experience are welcomed to apply.
• Proficient in one or more object-oriented programming language such as Java, Swift and Objective-C.
• Strong working knowledge of native mobile app development with iOS and/or Android.
• Working knowledge of IoT device management and the associated protocols such as OMA-DM and OMA-LWM2M as well as device data collection and the associated protocols such as MQTT, CoAP and HTTP.
• Familiar with multitier architecture, Service-Oriented Architecture and Microservices Architecture.
• Appreciation of the importance of good User Experience (UX).
• Working knowledge of software testing, distributed revision control such as Git and software configuration management.
• Excellent team player and committed individual.
• Good interpersonal communication skills (verbal and written).