Who we are? We are building a blockchain data analytics platform – designed to deliver affordable business intelligence to small and medium businesses. The engine employs correlational algorithms to integrate enterprise data and consumer behavioural data to meet the everchanging requirements of the business landscape.
Why we do? The world churns out more than 2.5 quintillion bytes of data every day, and less than 1% of all data is analysed and used. The demand for analysed data far exceeds the availability. As consumption patterns evolve rapidly with technological disruption, relying on traditional means of tracking consumer data may no longer be enough to facilitate important decision making. The amount of data generated continues to increase at a rate so fast that businesses and organisations must adapt quickly, or risk becoming obsolete.
How we do? Backed by artificial intelligence and learning capabilities, the engine aims to track, gather, analyse and correlate different types of data, e.g. Enterprise data, online marketing performance data, third-party reports and information, etc., onto a singular smart dashboard that can empower businesses, especially small medium enterprises (SMEs) that are looking to grow their internal capabilities cost efficiently.
As a Data Scientist at DATAVLT, you will be reporting to the Head of Data Scientist and Software Engineers who are focused on solving complex business problems using blockchain and data science as an underlying technology.
As our Data Scientist, you will
• Process confidential data and information according to guidelines
• Help on build innovative data products using cutting edge tools and technologies
• Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
• Undertake pre-processing of structured and unstructured data
• Analyse large amounts of information to discover trends and patterns
• Propose solutions and strategies to business challenges
• Coordinate with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
• Proficiency using statistical computer languages (R, Python, SLQ, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
• Have foundational knowledge of data structures and algorithms
• Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills.
• Strong problem-solving skills with an emphasis on product development.
• Experience working with and creating data architectures.
• Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
• Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams.
• Experience with distributed data/computing tools: Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Dockers, MySQL, etc.
• Experience visualizing/presenting data for stakeholders using: Tableau, High charts, D3, gg plot, etc.
Good to have
• Minimum 3 years working experience manipulating data sets and building statistical models, has a Master’s in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or another quantitative field, and is familiar with the software/tools
• Experience with customizing Data Visualization tools
• Have fundamental knowledge of blockchain technology
• Software development experience added advantage
• A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
Whats in it for you
• Help shape the future of a Data Analytics and Blockchain start-up in Singapore with global aspirations
• Be yourself, be engaged and have fun while youre at it
• Fair remuneration
• Open work culture