LOOP.sg is the brainchild of a group of technopreneurs with more than accumulated 50 years in the ICT industry. LOOP (Learners Online, Online Producers) is the team’s foray into an emerging new market shaped by the Singapore government’s vision for a Smart Nation – a nation digitally intertwined and integrated with daily pursuits.
But what exactly is LOOP, and how did it come about?
The concept of e-learning has been around since the early days of the internet. In fact, one of the core foundation concepts of the modern internet was and remains information exchange and management. For a long time, the internet has been used globally to teach, and to learn.
However, for many years, e-learning has been hampered by a lack of centralized E-cosystem. While learners and content producers could connect to each other, much of it relied upon proactive action from either side.
The LOOP team saw the opportunity in this lack of a centralized E-cosystem, and thus LOOP was born!
The core concept of LOOP is a simple, yet effective and vital one, especially in Singapore’s push to become a Smart Nation: Connect the world’s learners with the world’s teachers under a single roof. To that end, LOOP was developed as a one-stop marketplace and learning hub for every kind of e-learning imaginable.
Having just been launched in March 2016, LOOP is already making waves in the e-learning scene, with a target of 1,000 unique users expected within the first six months. In the meantime, the LOOP team is also preparing for a second-phase expansion, targeted for launch in April 2016. Phase 2 will see LOOP being launched on mobile platforms, and will also see an incentive scheme being put in place, so that learning and producing becomes even more rewarding!
So what exactly is LOOP again? We are LOOP, and we’re bringing the world’s e-learning to everyone!
Roles and responsibilities (include, but not limited to the following)
• Provide professional, effective, knowledgeable and rapid Audio-Visual (AV) and IT support to staff and students as needed in the academic environment.
• Provide assistance to users in a professional manner following agreed procedures for further help or escalation and contribute to the development of installation procedures and standards.
• Provide basic instruction on the operation of AV equipment in school to staff / teacher as necessary, so as to equip them with simple skills to get started with their lessons and perform first level troubleshooting.
• Assist in developing improvement plans, upgrading proposals for all AV equipment system. Take initiatives and drive in improving processes and management of AV matters. Propose / Recommend suitable AV solutions to facilitate TL.
Serve as on-sight A/V support for
1) Preparing of AV equipment for
• Daily morning flag raising ceremony
• Weekly assembly
• School’s function
• Function rehearsals
2) Maintain Loan Records for all AV assets
• Manage loaning for AV equipment such as AV hardware, video camera and Swivl.
• Track all assets on loan, sent for repair, faulty (to be condemned), etc.
• Prepare for Audit of AV assets.
• To adhere to Standard Operating Procedures / guidelines and comply with quality assurance expectations and standards.
3) Maintenance of AV equipment
• Test equipment to ensure they are in good and safe working conditions.
• Conduct annual maintenance of hardware.
• Identify and resolve equipment malfunctions.
• Work with vendors for faulty equipment repair and follow up for return of equipment sent out for repair.
• Inspect rooms (classrooms, special rooms, etc.) for AV assets handling, damage, cleanliness, and document issues. Submit documentation report to your supervisor.
4) Inventory Tracking and Management
• Perform inventory management of equipment, wirings, and accessories to avoid any shortages.
• Conduct biannual raw stock inventory, support monthly ST stock-take and update ST for change of location for any assets.
• Declare new assets purchased (above SGD 500 – ST Tag, below SGD 500 – check with supervisor, if they belong to High Risk category of assets).
• Maintain the work room and store room clean, safe and organized.
5) Assist in Media Club CCA
• Supervise guide Media Club during their activities
• Assist in developing training programs for users to use AV equipment system
• Assisting new Media Club members and Multimedia Reps.
• Do simple video filming/editing and capturing and cutting the Original CDs to copies
6) Any other duties assigned by the school
• MS Office suite Basic (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) – to maintain inventory records.
Professional work ethics and attitude.
• Proven ability to work effectively both independently and in a team-based environment. It is important to work cohesively with other ICT team personnel on daily basis.
• Prioritize and complete work orders accurately and timely to meet given deadlines. (Possess strong multi-tasking skill and time-management.)
• Organized and meticulous in documentation.
• Able to work under pressure
• Good written and verbal communication