Database Administrator (DB2)
Singapore Last updated 1 week ago SGD 6000 - 9000
Manpower has provided organizations in Singapore with a continuum of staffing solutions from the incidental to the strategic since 1996, working with businesses to help them win. In the Human Age, where talent has replaced access to capital as the key competitive differentiator, Manpower Singapore leverages its trusted brand to develop a deep talent pool, providing clients with access to the people they need, fast.
Manpower Singapore creates powerful connections between organizations and the talent they need to enhance their competitiveness and unleash their workforce potential. By creating these powerful connections, we help everybody achieve more than they imagined, and power the world of work.
ManpowerGroup® (NYSE: MAN) is the worlds workforce expert, creating innovative workforce solutions for nearly 70 years. As workforce experts, we connect more than 600,000 people to meaningful work across a wide range of skills and industries every day. Through our ManpowerGroup family of brands – Manpower®, Experis®, Right Management ® and ManpowerGroup® Solutions – we help more than 400,000 clients in 80 countries and territories address their critical talent needs, providing comprehensive solutions to resource, manage and develop talent. In 2017, ManpowerGroup was named one of the Worlds Most Ethical Companies for the seventh consecutive year and one of Fortunes Most Admired Companies, confirming our position as the most trusted and admired brand in the industry. See how ManpowerGroup makes powering the world of work humanly possible: www.manpowergroup.com.sg
• Supporting business initiatives and projects
• Day-to-day 24x7 production operations (incident break/fix, change, service requests, vulnerability management).
• Ensuring housekeeping and monitoring of all database systems
• Processing Enterprise Change Management business requests for various database activities
• Installs maintains and administers mission-critical, leading-edge Oracle databases.
• Production patch/upgrade management.
• Understanding of common infrastructure components, Customer support & communications.
• Project based infrastructure and installation work.
• Providing database support and administration
• Fine-tuning and optimizing poorly performing databases and the related infrastructure
• Ensuring synchronization between production replica databases
• Running or re-running of failed regular jobs and killing failed tasks
• University degree in computer science or engineering, or equivalent
• 5 years of experience as a DB2 UDB DBA in a production environment. (Versions 8.x through 10.5 with DB2 HADR)
• Subject Matter Expert in DB2 HADR setup and configuration
• Solid skills in database performance factors, monitoring tools and tuning procedures
• Strong Database Management skills, including backup and recovery procedures
• Solid skills in productivity factors and ability to understand impact of problem on overall database performance
• Knowledge of fault detection and resolution processes
• Strong skills in maintenance tools and procedures