International Trading Professional Conversion Programme
Full Time , Singapore Posted 2 months ago SGD 2500 - 8000
The International Trading Institute@SMU (ITI@SMU) was formed as part of a tripartite initiative between the government, industry partners and the Singapore Management University. The first trading institute to be set up within a university, it is Singapore’s premier industry platform for thought leadership and talent development in the arena of international trading.
ITI@SMU’s key objectives are:
- To create value for partners by growing a pipeline of talent across the trading value chain
- Strengthen Singapore’s position as a trading and maritime hub
- Thought leader in the area of international trading
The strategic development and direction of ITI@SMU is guided by senior representatives from SMU, IE Singapore and industry partners. These industry partners include companies from different segments of the commodities value chain—companies involved in energy, agri-commodities, coal, steel, risk management and banking.
Developed by the International Trading Institute at Singapore Management University (ITI@SMU) in partnership with International Enterprise (IE) Singapore, the Workforce Singapore (WSG) and the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) Academy, the International Trading Professional Conversion Programme (PCP) provides an overview into the trading value chain. Participants can look forward to acquiring knowledge in the areas of Supply Chain, Risk Management, Trade Documentation, as well as learn about the Digitalisation of the industry; well preparing them for a variety of middle management roles in the trading sector.
A Place-and-Train programme, participants must first be matched with a company before they can embark on the 12-month part-time PCP. Participants who have successfully completed the programme will be awarded the Specialist Diploma in International Trading conferred by SMU.
• Must be a Singaporean Citizen or Singapore Permanent Resident
• Can be a new hire (<= 3 months) OR
• a mid-career switcher (graduated for more than 2 years and have worked in a different job function)
• Must possess a Diploma certificate or equivalent
Preferred Skillsprofessional Manager Executive
Perks and Benefits
Share this job posting