Singapore Last updated 8 months ago SGD 3000 - 5000
JobKred is a digital workforce and skills development platform that helps individuals and organisations stay relevant and future-ready for the rapid changes in today’s economy.
Using Big Data and AI, JobKred scans online labour market information to decode the relationships between jobs and skills and understand the latest developments in the world of work.
With this information, JobKred provides businesses and countries with a workforce transformation platform, empowering employees and citizens with AI recommendations to personalise their learning and receive career recommendations.
Saving up to 90 per cent of the time and cost that traditional approaches take, clients can get started on transforming and future-proofing their people and company in as little as a week.
JobKred works with companies across multiple industries, from SMEs to Fortune 50 companies, and has played a role on the national stage as the intelligence behind Singapore’s national jobs portal, MyCareersFuture.sg. Internationally, JobKred has worked with UNESCO, World Bank and the Asian Development Bank to conduct workforce development projects using its technologies, with the results aiding the policy-making processes in various countries for higher education, vocational education and lifelong learning.
JobKred is seeking a talented Software Developer to develop robust, web-based applications. This is an opportunity for an ambitious developer to help create and implement systems from the ground up as a valued member of a supportive and close-knit team. You will work closely with other developers and the users of the systems, with the reward of seeing your creations impact strategically important projects as you solve challenging problems for which existing systems and solutions do not exist.
Why work with us?
- Impactful mission. Work fills up a large part of our lives. We believe that by helping people find their dream jobs and careers, we can make a huge and positive impact on the society.
- Challenging project. Building a complex product, working on a project that has long term potential, using multiple methods and approaches to solve problems both in product and marketing, are what drives us daily.
- Technical team. From marketing to UI/UX, our entire team is highly data-driven and technically proficient, so you will be working with people that understand and appreciate the importance of your role.
- Collaborative atmosphere. We believe in helping each other as much as possible - no politics, finger-pointing, freeloaders or talkers. We share ideas, teach each other complementary skills and work together to get the job done.
- Design and develop highly scalable, reliable and fault-tolerant systems
- Build features practicing TDD and jointly produce elegant code using pair programming principles
- Build robust and reliable codebases and deploy polished products and systems aimed at improving customer experience
- Work with cross-functional teams to solve tough engineering problems
Skills and Experience:
- 3+ years of relevant software development experience with consumer/enterprise products with hands-on experience in designing, developing and deploying large-scale applications
- Proficiency in OOP, SQL, Design Patterns, experience with functional programming is a plus
- Understand and implement CI/CD and well versed with Agile methodologies. TDD is a plus
- Data modelling experience in Relational and NoSQL databases
- Experience troubleshooting server performance - memory issues, GC tuning, resource leaks etc
- Ability to design and implement low latency RESTful services
- Excellent understanding of interactive application development paradigm, memory management, performance/resource optimisations, database interactions
- Network programming, concurrency multithreading, fault tolerance, monitoring, security and operability of systems
- At JobKred, we uses PHP, Golang, Ruby, Python or C++. Familiarity with two or more is preferred
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting and debugging skills is a big plus
- Implement new features, code refactoring and bug fixing
- Managing application lifecycle and ecosystem
- Maintaining infrastructure and server uptime
Perks and Benefits
- Unlimited career opportunities and growth potential within a thriving and growing group